Tuesday, January 22, 2013

role reversal

Like so many of you, Since TTC and through this pregnancy I have gotten countless shots in my belly and butt. Lots of follistim, ovidrel and progesterone. Some I gave myself, some my Dr gave, but most of them were given to me by my dear sweet Hubby.

He always did a great job and stepped up when I couldn't do it myself because I was too emotionally invested in the cycle. It was a way for me to step back a bit and lift some of the pressure. Now, the roles are reversed.

When TTC, we found out that on top of my anovulation the Hubby had a low sperm count due to low testosterone. He was put on clomid and it worked great. Clomid is not something his Dr wanted him on for a long period of time so when I hit 12 weeks pregnant he was weaned off it. To keep him healthy and feeling good he was put on testosterone replacement. There are 2 major options, topical gels and IM injection.

With the topical gel I would have to be careful around him and make sure I don't come in contact with the gel on his skin so we decided the injection was the best idea at least while I am pregnant.

His Dr gave him the first couple and since then it has been my job. I get to give my Hubby a big shot in the butt! The testosterone suspension is thick! A lot thicker than progesterone so it takes a lot longer to inject. I know the Hubby hates needles. He doesn't freak out about them, but he definitely doesn't like them. Now, I get to be there and do something for him that he can't do for himself.

I'm glad we decided on the injection. He feels great on it.

3 comments:

  1. My mom had to give my father those injections a few years ago too. She is used to only giving him the insulin shots so at first it was a bit tricky. Glad that you are able to help him out this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The family that shoots up together... ;)

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...