Monday, February 4, 2013

prayers for another uncle

First I want to update you on my Uncle that I have told you about a couple times. He was diagnosed with leukemia in August. The bone marrow transplant was postponed for more chemo, but he just had it after Christmas and is doing great! Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers for him.

A couple of weeks ago my Uncle B (Dad's brother) was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in his appendix and intestines. A few days ago they did emergency surgery and removed a lot, but found more than they thought. They put chemo in his abdomen and originally thought that would do it. Since they found more he will have to go for more chemo and maybe more surgery. He has been extremely sick and it will be a long hard recovery.

This is really hitting our family hard. Especially my Nana. She may not be his real Mom, but she raised him along with my Dad and her own 2 boys when my Nana F abandoned them. I wrote a little about that in the ultimatum post. Losing a child at any age is unimaginable and she has already lost 2, my Dad and one of her sons almost 30 years ago.

Please send good thoughts, prayers, light or whatever you can. I really appreciate it.

8 comments:

  1. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be thinking about you and the family! Prayers and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - I'm sorry to hear this, and you and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the comment on lfca, I hope things are ok. I'm glad I clicked over, but sorry to hear that it was you. Hoping and praying that you and the beans are all ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your update on lfca. You guys are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily I hope you and the babes are ok? LFCA had you as having the babies. Fingers crossed it was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I just saw the LFCA post as well. Hope everything is okay, keeping you in my thoughts no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...