But I am not going to think about that right now because this IS going to work, Right? Right!
We got to the office bright and early, cup o' spermies in hand. Actually it was in my bra to keep them warm and cozy. TMI? Anyone else do that?
Anyways, we handed them in to get all washed and ready and we went downstairs to the cafeteria for our usual pre-IUI breakfast. I had a chocolate chip muffin and some pineapple! Gonna be eating a lot more of that through hopefully implantation!
Then we were back upstairs and I got as comfortable as I could be under a paper sheet.Then Dr G (our real RE, we haven't had her on IUI day in a while) came in with a big smile on her face. "The meds Dr S added seem to be doing the trick" Then she told us that the Hubby's post wash count quadrupled! Our jaws dropped!
The percent motility and morphology went down a bit, but I think we are still on the positive end if you take into account the percent comparison. The Hubby figured it all out with his super math brains and we are happy. Dr G also told me how the other Drs who were monitoring me were a little on edge about letting us do the IUI since at my last U/S I had 5 follicles, 19, 18, 14, 13 and 12mm. We don't know if those little ones grew and matured since that morning before my trigger. Dr G knows though that we have MFI to take into account too so our chances are only slightly increased with more follicles. She was Ok with going ahead with it as long as we were.
The Hubby and I have had the multiples conversation many times just to make sure we are always on the same page. We know all the complications that could arise with multiples and we decided we will take anything that we get and do everything in our power to make sure me and my babies are healthy and safe. Plus the Hubby kinda likes the idea of BOGO. So, we went ahead and I was insperminated!
Dr G then told us to make sure we give each other some extra "hugs and kisses" tonight or tomorrow morning for an extra shot. LOL! She is such a sweet lady and I love how she put that. hehehe
Now I enter my 2WW and it is going to be awesome! Yes, I said 2WW and awesome in the same sentence. Here is why.
- Tomorrow I am going to finally meet a bloggy friend in person!!!! and Thursday I am going to meet a second bloggy friend in person!!! You have no idea how excited I am!!!
- Saturday is my 29th Birthday! I don't care how old I get, I still love my Birthday!
- I will be doing a giveaway on my Birthday and giveaways always make me happy!
- The Hubby and I are going to go through and organize all our junk in our computer/catch all room and turn it into a guest room. His Dad is going to come and stay with us for a week in September and this finally gives us the kick in the pants to do it. Plus I am excited that we will be getting it all nice because this is also the future nursery and it will be clean and one step closer to being ready for a baby.
- Next week is the BlogHer conference in NYC. I am not going to the actual conference, but I will hopefully be going into the city and meeting up with some more bloggy friends!
- I am also making plans for fun days with my guardian angel and some other friends I haven't seen is a while.
I also wanted to say a big thank you to Dandelion Breeze! Back in the spring sock exchange that Cristy hosted (thank you for hosting!), Dandelion sent me socks. Unfortunately the post office lost them. I told her it was ok and not to worry about it, but she sent them again! I got them just in time for my IUI!
|Some love from down under!|
She also sent me a second pair of socks that are so soft, some treats and an adorable kangaroo with a little baby joey in her pouch, for good luck!
|Isn't she cute holding a boomerang!|
Thank you everyone for thinking about me and wishing me good luck today. I think all those good vibes really worked! I have lots of follies and an amazing spermie surprise!
Swim spermies, SWIM!!! Please, PLEASE find an egg!
Praying I will soon have my own little joey growing in my pouch.