Tuesday, February 21, 2012

notbroken

All I waited for was a chance to make you understand
And tell you these forgotten truths you never thought were real
And if the world should turn its back, you know that I'm still here

Time won't ever steal my soul, we're not broken
So please come home

Morning comes and life moves on
And when it changed you didn't know you belong
And I'll still catch you when you fall through a past that steals your sleep
And scroll these words upon your wall remind you to believe

Time won't ever steal my soul, we're not broken
So please come home
And if the world has worn you down I'll be waiting
So please come home

I won't let them break you down and I won't hear the empty sounds
I'm hopelessly pretending that I know the answer
Angel's light and neon fires that burn so cold through your desires
And all you are is all I need to know

When the world is insane
You get used to the pain and you don't even know what you feel
And I am like you, all alone and confused
But you know it's not forever

Time won't ever steal my soul and we're not broken
So please come home
And if the world has worn you down I'll be waiting
So please come home

6 comments:

  1. I love to find music that fits the moment so perfectly! That song is beautiful. I am so sorry for your latest disappointment, the world of IF can be very cruel. I am wishing you all the best on this next journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the music video. I'm thinking that it should be a theme song for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a great song. I hope the pain you are feeling is short-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with everyone.. Love the video and song choice. Cheers to a better tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how music can speak to us and exactly where we are. Hoping for better things for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. And ironic ... I played the Goo Goo Dolls "Iris" over and over again during my last miscarriage ... it spoke to me in a way that I couldn't even begin to explain.

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...