- I just found out that my friend B is having a girl. I will be making my first girl blanket as soon as she registers and I see what color scheme she is going with.
- My kitty is doing better. It looks like he has stopped vomiting for a while. I changed his food to a sensitive stomach formula so hopefully that has helped.
- The Hubby left on another business trip on Tuesday morning. Yup, that's right, I spent Valentine's day alone. We don't really celebrate, but I really hate it when he goes away. I can't sleep and I get a little depressed. I am so glad he comes home tomorrow!
- Since I had nothing do do on Valentine's day, I made an appt for an eye exam. I have not had one since middle school. I used to have better than 20/20 vision, but I can feel my distance slipping a bit. I totally have some trouble seeing signs while driving especially at dusk and at night and all the lights are all starbursty. There is a new piece of equipment that does digital retinal photography instead of dilating you eyes. It is so cool! It takes a picture of the back of your eye and can show them so much more than with dilation. It showed that I have astigmatism in my left eye and, get this, I have a freckle (Choroidal Nevus) on my right retina!!! I couldn't help but chuckle at that. I have freckles all over my body, why not in my eye! It is nothing to worry about and is pretty common. When the Dr was looking over my paperwork she asked me if I was taking metformin for diabetes for PCOS. I told her I wasn't actually diagnosed with PCOS, but I am taking it while I am doing IUIs. She smiled at me and said good luck and told me her son is an IVF baby! So the exam showed basically what I already knew. I need glasses for distance while driving, movies and anything far away I would like to see better. I looked around at the different frames and sent a few pics to the Hubby, but he couldn't give me any advise so I am going to wait till tomorrow and go back with him to pick them out! I am excited!
- Went out to see "The Vow" with my bestie N last night. She hasn't had a girl's night out since long before Little Z was born. We went all out and got popcorn! The movie was good, but not as much of a tear jerker I thought it would be. We both cried a bit, but were expecting to be bawling our eyes out LOL! We talked for a few hours after and caught up with each others lives. It was really nice. Still didn't tell her about either one of my IUIs though.
- I told my psyc about my weekend and getting caught off guard twice. We both had a pretty good laugh when I told her my Tante told me I could come to her for IVF advise. I am so glad I can laugh about the whole situation now.
I am going to leave you with a song I have loved for a long time. I first heard it after the Hubby moved 5 hours away for a great job 5 months into dating and it became a song I listened to often when we were apart. He used to drive home to me every weekend to see me for a year and a half till he found a better job back home.
I thought of this song after my eye exam. Here is why...
i am thinking it's a sign
that the freckles in our eyes
are mirror images and
when we kiss they're perfectly aligned
and i have to speculate
that God himself did make us into
corresponding shapes like puzzles pieces
from the clay
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY DATE NIGHT IN GIVEAWAY!!!