Monday, August 20, 2012

only one more sleep

Till the U/s tomorrow and it can't come fast enough!

I was doing great all week. Calm, relaxed and just enjoying myself. Then Saturday came and I told the Hubby I wanted to skip the weekend and have it be Tuesday! He was happy I couldn't magically make us skip the weekend. I was still relaxed, but just couldn't wait to see our baby!

I was fine until a little while ago.

The Hubby texted me. Apparently he needs to go on a last minute business trip and leaves tomorrow! He did tell them he couldn't leave till the afternoon so he will be there with me in the morning at the U/s.

I'm really upset now and getting nervous. I don't think I would be this nervous if he wasn't going away. I'm not going to say it, but you all know the what if I am thinking. What if and then I will be alone all week! I have a feeling he would cancel the trip. I don't think he would leave me then. I wish he waited till after the U/s to tell me he is leaving.

I guess, also, I didn't realize till now just how how fresh some of the heartbreak from this community is still with me.

Deep breath.

I actually feel a little better just getting that out. Still nervous, but I think a little less.

Deep breath.

Doesn't help that I feel like I have no control over my emotions right now. Maybe that's a good sign? I started to cry yesterday when the Hubby went to get himself a bagel and didn't ask if I wanted one. I told him he needs to be more thoughtful and ask me if I want something like I always ask him. LOL! I can't help but laugh at that now and call myself crazy! Yes sometimes he just thinks of himself, but it wouldn't bother me and I would NEVER burst in to tears! Sheesh! LOL!

Ok I am going to end there because now I am laughing at myself! Just need to keep this up for 17 more hours!

Gonna go keep myself busy! Maybe I will tell the Hubby we are going out tonight!

22 comments:

  1. Ultra sound tomorrow, how wonderfully exciting. I think you are allowed to feel a little wobbly momma, it is just natural after everything, and you are full of hormones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so exciting!! can't wait to see your update tomorrow! i just KNOW it will be great. i totally understand your fears, but i hope that time flies for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for some really good news with the ultrasound tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bagels are one of my favorite things on earth. If my partner took off and picked one up, I would freak out if he didn't get one for me. And I'm not pregnant. Totally justified. Sending lots of positive vibes for you and your husband at the ultrasound tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH how exciting/nerve wracking! I still cry at everything. It's really sad, pun intended ;-). I know how you feel about your appt tomorrow. I feel that way before every single appt. My hubs is out of town too and will be for our next appt. I too think "what if" and I hate that I think this way, but I can't stop it from happening. I am praying for you, and yes, I'll be stalking your blog for an update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so so so so so nervous before the first ultrasound. My palms were sweaty and I thought I was going to cry in the waiting room. Good luck tomorrow morning, I'm hoping you get good news and maybe a good picture to share with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep breath.

    You can do this. After all, we do hard things. So put you hand on your belly and smile.

    But only after you take a breath. Much love and positive thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just remember, this (anxiety filled time) too shall pass. Can't wait to hear about your baby/babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you tomorrow! Your apprehension is so natural. But I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHHHH I want it to be NOW!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you! Luck, Love and Prayers sent your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for you too! I was so nervous too, except I was nervous for weeks as we had to wait until week 15! Can't wait for a new picture of your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are totally entitled to a bagel if your husband is getting one. I've cried over similar things. ;)

    On the one hand, it's GREAT to have this community to support you. On the other hand, sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming to know what can go wrong, and to be surrounded by so many people for whom things have gone wrong. BUT: here is something important to remember ... every pregnancy is different. And YOU are different. And you will continue to breathe, and we will hold you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your nervousness is totally understandable! The fears, nervousness and joy will come and go, which is all normal. Hopefully there will be more joy and happiness than anything else.

    And I agree with jhl (previous comment), this community is great and supportive, but at times it is a bit overwhelming. As she said, keep in mind every pregnancy is different.

    So excited to hear about your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck!!! That first scan is so magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best of luck to you today! Hoping you get some cute pictures of your new baby to share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi from ICLW...good luck today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi from ICLW! I was an emotional wreck before every single U/S after my miscarriage. I hope it goes very well and you get some good pictures to admire :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by from ICLW. Sending good thoughts for your ultrasound! Your symptoms sound very reassuring but I know it can be nerve racking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. been thinking about you all day! hope to get an update soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you everyone for your kind, sweet words. They kept me sane during the wait for the U/s. I really can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you were able to cheer yourself up a little by the end of your post. I can totally relate to being an emotional crazy person - I feel that way from all this fertility medication.

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...