Sunday, August 12, 2012

the pattern

There is this little pattern that has manifested in my family over the past 2 years. I desperately wanted it to continue with me and I guess I was a little superstitious about it so I didn't say anything to you guys. Well, the pattern continued!

Here is the pattern.

My cousin T was 5 weeks pregnant at cousin C's baby shower. Great grandchild # 4 and 5.

Cousin V was 4 weeks pregnant at cousin T's baby shower. Great grandchild # 5 and 6.

Cousin K was 4 weeks pregnant at cousin V's baby shower. Great grandchild # 6 and 7.

And now I am almost 5 weeks pregnant at cousin K's baby shower! Great grandchild # 7 and 8 or more.

I don't know about you, but that gives me chills!


I went to K's baby shower yesterday. When I first walked in I was surrounded by swollen bellies of her friends and in laws. I reverted back to my old IF self just a little bit. That old wave of panic came over me and I averted my eyes from all the bumps. A minute later I felt a twinge and realized I'm pregnant too!!! I was pretty good the rest of the time. It was so nice not having to take a breather and go cry by myself. Which I usually did at every shower. I still had my sweet little note from Mel's book (Navigating the Land of IF) in my purse, but I didn't need to take it out and read it this time.

I did have to use my poker face and apparently I was pretty good. I guess I seemed like my usual self and my cousin T asked me if I was ok like she usually does at anything baby related. I told her I was ok and kept up the act.

I spent the whole shower daydreaming about my own shower! It was amazing!

All 6 great grandchildren were there, the 7th in K's belly, and we lined them all up on the chairs and took lots of pics like we do every time we all get together. Absolutely adorable! I kept thinking about next spring/summer how we will be adding K's baby and mine to the pics!

I'm sorry I am so behind on reading and commenting. I guess my busy 2WW has continued. I feel like I haven't been home in days and when I do get home I go straight to bed. Running out again today. Hopefully I will be home early and be able to relax, read and comment. I miss all of you! The withdrawal is killing me!

19 comments:

  1. Em, I don't think I ever commented on your announcement, but I wanted you to know how oober excited I am for you!!!! This seemed like such a great cycle from the beginning that I wasn't surprised when you shared the unbelievable news!!!! So, so happy for you and looking forward to your bumpdates :). Ps that pattern is so bizarre!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to attend that shower while continuing the pattern. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I didn't get a chance to comment on your announcement because I was out of town but I just wanted to send a huge CONGRATULATIONS your way - I'm incredibly happy for you, and will be sending vibes your way that this pregnancy is a good one in every way! That is really neat how things have worked out with baby showers in your family, perhaps that is a good sign :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you get to continue this pattern. Won't it be exciting to be able to share it soon with your family?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are continuing this pattern in your family. My cousins and I are stair-step on my mother's side and it was great to be so close in age. Hopefully your baby/ies will enjoy it just as much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you are too busy for a change. Its always nice to have something to do to keep our minds off the waiting. No more two week waits for you, congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a weird pattern, but awesome! I wonder who you'll "pay it forward" to in a few months (hopefully)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing! I'm so happy this it's your turn to carry on the pattern. :)

    (Any chance I could invited to one of these magical baby showers? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad the shower wasn't so bad and you were able to spend it dreaming of your secret. :) Does the pattern work even if you're not family? Because I'll come to your shower if it's true!

    http://alwayswishhopethinkpray.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew it would work I would invite everyone! If you want you can test it out!

      Delete
  10. that is awesome - but WOW I didn't realize you have so many pregnant bellies to deal with! :) But I am SOOOOO happy for you to finally add your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea they have been continuous in my family since TTC. Great grandchildren 2-7 conceived and born since. Thanks Lilly!

      Delete
  11. Amazing, brilliant and just so exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW ... that is awesome! I love "coincidences" like this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is quite the pattern!!! i totally agree with the baby showers - i was at one this weekend and got all teary thinking about what mine will be like (hopefully next year!!) SO excited to find out how many are in there tomorrow!!! good luck with your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! SO happy for you to finally get to go to a baby shower for someone else while being pregnant yourself! And yay again for no moments of having to cry in the bathroom and put on a happy face to cover your hurt! Can't wait for you to have your own baby shower. : )

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...