Tuesday, January 10, 2012

IUI

Well, I've been turkey basted! Or as Audrey over at Building a family through Donor Insemination says, I've been Insperminated! That has a nice ring to it. Makes me feel like a superhero or something. Insperminated! LOL!

We got to the office at 6:30, sample in hand. They took it and told us if we wanted to grab something to eat while they prep it, we just need to be back in 45 min. The office is in the hospital so we went down to the cafeteria and got some breakfast. I could hardly eat. I felt sick from being nervous.

When we got back to the office and were put in the room where we waited a little longer. The Hubby tried so hard to calm my nerves by cracking jokes and stuff. It helped a bit. The Dr was in the room for no longer than 2 min and the actual IUI was so quick. After, I laid there for about 15 min and the Hubby and I played monopoly on his phone.

I am a little bummed out. The count after the wash wasn't as good as they would have liked it to be. We were told to make sure we do the horizontal polka either tonight or tomorrow morning to get as many spermies in there as possible.

I am trying so hard to stay positive. I was forced to ovulate with hopefully more than one egg. The Hubby's count and motility is better than is was. The spermies were given a shorter distance to swim. It only takes 1 spermie!
 

SWIM SPERIMIES SWIM!!!!! FIND THAT EGG!!!!!

please.


I know lots of you out there have said this and usually give in, but I am not going to google anything during my 2WW. I haven't googled anything in months and I know anything I read is just going to drive me more crazy so I am staying away. If I feel like I am going to have a weak moment I will go to the Hubby or come here for support. I will not be POAS till I get a good beta. This won't be hard. I am scared of pregnancy tests. In the past 2 1/2 years I have only taken 2 and the negatives killed me more than just AF showing up. I am going to keep busy. I have a lot going on in the next 2 weeks and I am going to try to make is as stress free as possible.

Tonight I am going into NYC to see Godspell with my Mom. I won the tickets from a giveaway Krissi did over at Stress Free Infertility. Having my IUI end up being today was perfect. I have something fun to look forward to tonight and hopefully keep my mind off things. I know I am going to have a blast with my Mom tonight and an uplifting positive musical is just what I need. I will let you know tomorrow how it was.

16 comments:

  1. Good luck!!  I'll be praying for you.  I hope your 2ww is stress free and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the waiting is going to be tough, but it must feel good to know that this is behind you now (or in you, I guess?!?) I'll keep a positive thought for you for this cycle and I hope you enjoyed seeing Godspell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find that egg!!!! WOOOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm rooting for you, little spermies!!

    Have fun at the show tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha!!  I hope your using that fist pump when you say it!!! :)  I'm so happy it went well!  Try not to think of the count.  They are put in there so close to the egg...so just keep that in mind!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots and lots of positive thoughts your way! Really hoping the IUI works and you get positive news very soon! Have a great time at the musical tonight! I'd really love to go see a musical on Broadway someday =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard Godspell was great! Have a fantastic time!!! I'm sorry to hear the count was low -- I know the disappointment of that (our post-wash counts ranged from 2 mil - 10 mil.) Thinking positive thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of coarse I am using the fist pump when I say it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I found you from the post you left on my blog! Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swim, little ones swim!  So excited for you and pleased that it all went to plan.  And well done for being so strong about not googling anything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting! Here's hoping those little guys find their way properly. :-)
    Crossing fingers and toes and everything else! (like - hair and stuff. Or something.)

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...