- Speaking of vomit...my kitty hasn't been feeling well for a couple of months. He usually coughs up a hairball every couple months, but has been puking more often over the last month with no sign of hairballs. He is acting the same and isn't losing weight. I took him to the vet and they are running blood and other tests on him. While I was away Purcey was sleeping on the Hubby's chest and all of a sudden started with the gagging he does before he pukes. The Hubby tried to get him off in time, but it was too late. Purcey puked all over his crotch and down his leg! I told him it was good practice for when our children puke on him! LOL! He laughs about it now.
- I am currently 9dp IUI and extremely proud of myself. I have not googled anything! I actually stopped myself from googling about a month ago so I wouldn't drive myself crazy. Don't get me wrong, I have had major urges to look stuff up, but I have stayed strong!
- Last week my psyc gave me homework. It was specifically started to keep me in a good place if I do get a BFN, but is a good thing to do all around. Like a lot of you have done in some form too, she told me to write down 3 things I am thankful/grateful for every day specifically for that day and most importantly why I am thankful/grateful for it. They don't have to be huge, some of the stuff I have written down seemed insignificant, but at the time it was important to me and she says it's good. I think you should try it. Especially the why.
- I have been pretty calm and relaxed (except for the shit that went down while away) since the IUI. The thought that keeps me going is "We have done everything we can, given it the best chance we got and now it is out of our hands" That has worked till this morning. I just woke up with no hope. I just feel it didn't work.
- Jules from The Road Less Traveled had a post yesterday about thinking about your future with "when" ranter than "if". In her post she talks about how she felt a panic attack coming on until she forced herself to imagine her "best future", being pregnant and in the 3rd trimester with a huge belly. It calmed her down and she fell asleep happy. After reading that I realized I have never allowed myself to imagine myself pregnant. Never have I dreamed of having a pregnant belly. She inspired me. I am going to picture myself pregnant while going to sleep tonight and pray that I have a pregnancy dream (which I have never had either) and wake up feeling better.
- Last thing, to keep my mind off things and give me a good laugh during my 2WW I decided to watch Cheers from the beginning. I actually started while I was still on clomid. It has been such a good thing. I forgot how much I loved that show and how funny it was. Granted it started a year before I was born, but I used to watch it with my Mom when I was younger and watched reruns when I was older. Every time I hear the theme song the words reminded me of you guys and the IF community.
Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
You guys are my Cheers.
PS: I decided to get rid of disqus since blogger now lets you reply, hopefully I will like it.