Saturday, March 3, 2012

march photo challenge: domestic

Today's prompt is Domestic

I love to cook and bake and when I do I really feel like I am taking care of us. I always loved that dough boy quote. "Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven"
























On Saturday mornings I like to make something really good for breakfast. Sometimes pancakes or waffles. Sometimes I just go all out with omelets filled with veggies and sides of bacon or sausage. Today I felt like cinnamon rolls. I cheated and didn't make them from scratch. The Hubby was finally home and I didn't want to do anything but spend time with him. Next time I will make them from scratch!

























For dinner I made an easy beef stew in the crock pot. I just threw everything in, especially veggies that needed to be eaten, and let it cook for 8 hours. I wanted to make a nice meal, but I would rather spend time with the Hubby. We had a great day just being with each other and I still feel like I did good.

7 comments:

  1. That stew looks so good! I love beef stew with lots of veggies, but hubby, not so much. I'm taking a pic of our dinner when it's done too!

    I'm so cinnamon roll'd out after making three batches at my mom's last week, but I'd be willing to bet if I made some hubby would make short work of them. I'd better not show him today's photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was really good! I haven't had a cinnamon roll in months! I was thinking about it all last night and couldn't wait for breakfast! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I own a crock pot but I've only used it once to make chili. Your beef stew is inspiring me to drag it out from the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! There are lots of awesome recipes online.

      Delete
  3. Ummmmmmm, cinnamon rolls. I am drooling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful welcome home hubby dinner! Now I need to go make cinnamon rolls. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using the crock pot when J has weird hours at work. Looks really Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

It is always exciting finding new comments! I really love knowing you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...