Ok, I am done being negative. I'm sorry for being such a downer the past couple posts. It's not me and I have to stop. I'm depressed and thinking about it makes me even more depressed. It's a vicious cycle. I need to get out of this funk! I just don't really know how to do it. I know I need to keep busy and do things I enjoy. Maybe making a list might help. Lists are always good. (I realized after I wrote everything it turned out to be a half list mind dump, sorry)
- I spent some time with my Mom yesterday. Our relationship is slowly getting better. We talked about how I have been feeling and she could obviously tell I am depressed. We decided we both need some motivation. Since starting treatments I have slacked off a ton on housework and other projects. My Mom and I are making a plan to get together twice a week, once at her house and once at mine, to motivate and help each other get things done. Anything that needs to be done whether it be housework, organizing the house/garage or other projects. I think it will be good for both of us to spend time together, I will have some company and we will get things done.
- Even though it's difficult sometimes to be making blankets and things to give away I always find I am really happy while crocheting. I relax, focus and I see the fruits of my labor come to life right in front of me. I need to start another project. My cousin K who is due in October hasn't registered and has no clue how she is going to decorate. She is not finding out the gender so I will make something neutral, but I still want to match her decor. So, I have to wait for that. I need to find a crochet project to focus on while waiting to start hers. Any ideas?
- I have a couple of books I want to read. A friend who battled IF and now has an absolutely adorable little girl, sent me a book that helped her through her journey. She wanted to pass it along to help another person and when I am done with it I will probably pass it on too. Also, I won a copy of Ordinary Miracles by Krissi @ Stress Free Infertility. I want to get reading. Maybe I will crack one open today.
- The basic landscaping around our house is done and it looks awesome. There are always things to add, but that will come in time. Right now I am finally able to enjoy my yard. I have more living things to take care of. I check on my plants often and I am determined to be out there all the time. I am going to post soon about that with before and after pics.
- Speaking of posting, there have been a bunch of things I have been meaning to write about. I need to get back to it. I enjoy it. Maybe I need to do another month long challenge. That was fun.
- I still feel totally detached and numb about this cycle. I think it's a good thing for me right now. The Hubby keeps telling me to focus on the the end result. Our child. Without even trying that's exactly what I have been doing. I have caught myself many, many times daydreaming. Not just little thoughts, I'm talking full on daydreams where you zone out and like in a dream you can see everything right in front of you. I have been dreaming about my baby shower exactly how I would like it, sitting out in lawn chairs with our little one watching the Memorial Day parade that passes right in front of our house each year, running through the sprinkler in the yard with our kids (yes, with an S as in multiple), walking around the baby store and registering, decorating the nursery and so many more things. I just randomly zone out. I'm not really thinking about the end result like it will happen this time, more just in general. It will happen, sometime. I haven't been thinking about the cycle much at all other than making sure I get the injection at the correct time and go to my follicle checks. Even then I kinda just ignore it all. I think I will take my list and have choices of things I can do each day to make me happy. Enjoy days again rather than focusing so hard on having a baby.
I think today the Hubby and I will go out to get some pretty flowers and fill the long flower boxes my Mom gave me. They attach to the railings. And maybe some flowers in a big pot on our stairs. I want to make our house pretty instead of the eyesore it has been for a long time.
I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!